Saturday 20 April 2013

Top three just announced!

You will come to see over time, dear non-existent reader, that the three main topics of my bitching are weight, money and my man. Not that I won't whine and complain about other things but, if I continue using this blog (because, let's face it... when it comes to writing my shit out, I'm kind of a fickle pickle), those are the three you'll see most.

Today I seem to be somewhat bothered by all three. And that's how I can tell that the real issue is probably me and, for the most part, I should just keep my mouth shut and see if it passes.

That drives JRB crazy. Yes, there's something wrong but that doesn't mean that I want to sit here and bitch about it. I bitch it out in my head enough, I have no interest in letting that poison into the air, too. Eventually, when nudged, I'll let it out a little, we will deal with it and it will be over. But I hate fighting more than I hate doing laundry (and that's a lot) so I try not to do it more than once a week.

So, last night when he was at work, I made my favourite macaroni and cheese dish. It's a weird different recipe and the first time I tried it, I didn't particularly like it. Now I would be more than happy to jump into a huge vat of it and eat my way out. Yum. Anyways, I wrote on my Tumblr (which he always reads) that I had decided to make macaroni because there's not a lot he can eat right now and that I hope he likes it, I'm such a good girlfriend, love my man, blah, blah, blah. But he comes home and doesn't even acknowledge it. To tell you the truth, I was hoping he didn't want it because then I get to eat it(!) but give me something, man. Throw this bitch a bone already. I believe this is close to the number one problem women have with men so I'm not unique but I still want a kiss, a thanks for thinking of me, a swat on the ass, something. Acknowledgement. That's all. So simple. Boys suck, with their stupid penises and ungrateful ways. Buncha weirdos.

That being said, last night I ate so much of that fucking macaroni, I'm sure I gained five fresh new pounds of fat. It was so good; I got so full. I am well aware that the only way I'll get through this weight thing is by changing the bad habits I've developed. The other day I promised myself that I'd start doing that by only eating meals that are prepared at home, i.e. an end to the take-out habit. So the deal was I could eat whatever and as much as I want, as long as it isn't take-out. And I probably ingested twice as much fat and calories than a super-size Big Mac combo. Does that mean I should chuck it and get a burger tonight???? No. That means I need to continue on and trust that eventually I'll kick that habit and move on to the second step of eating better at home.

I was going to make this a well rounded entry and touch on each of my big three topics but I don't feel like talking about money now. What's the news? In short, we're broke, it sucks, story at eleven, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment